CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Optimus Health Care seeks an accomplished, forward-thinking leader with exceptional relationship-building and management skills, and knowledge of health care, finance, operations, and quality improvement. They should be strategic, politically astute, and able to lead the organization as they head into unpredictable times for health care.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned executive and health care advocate to lead a well-respected agency focused on providing patient-centered care, especially for the uninsured and underserved. The next CEO will be a leader who appreciates the Optimus Health Care culture and who demonstrates a commitment to its mission and the patients its serves.
This is a high-visibility position. With a budget of $57.5 million, Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites operating in Bridgeport, Stamford, and Stratford, CT. It is the largest provider of primary health care services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status. Optimus Health Care and its caring, multi-cultural staff of over 400 people proudly serve the community in a patient-centered environment. The new CEO will play a significant role in shaping local, state, and federal policy regarding community health centers in Connecticut. The position will require a strategic and skilled navigator with a sophisticated understanding of the drivers, trends, and outside forces – both threats and opportunities – that impact the health care world and the provision of health care.
Leadership & Management:
- Build respectful and trusting relationships with the Board and with clinical, operational, and frontline staff. Oversee operations in a way that realizes the mission of the organization, and ensures excellence, while encouraging innovation.
- Cultivate and maintain a high performing senior leadership team.
- Work with the senior leadership team to develop strategies to recruit and retain a diverse, talented, culturally competent clinical, professional, and administrative staff.
- Evaluate organization structure and roles, as necessary, to determine if they best serve the longer-term needs of the organization.
- Work with the Board and staff to develop a strategic plan, create short- and long-term goals, and ensure the organization’s priorities are achieved.
- Promote a culture of openness and fairness that supports staff and encourages a learning environment and culture of excellence.
- Confer with senior leadership to plan business objectives, to develop organizational policies, to coordinate functions and operations between divisions and departments, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Establish long-term financial sustainability by building on existing revenue models and strategically assessing and developing new models and revenue streams.
- Ensure patient and staff safety through the review and revision of policies and procedures and regulatory compliance.
- Develop agreed upon metrics to monitor and measure the financial health of the organization.
Communications & Advocacy:
- Plan and develop healthcare, labor, and public relations policies designed to strengthen Optimus Health Care’s image and relations with customers, employees, stakeholders, and the
- Cultivate existing and new relationships, partnerships, and collaborations committed to improving the health and wellness of Optimus Health Care patients.
- Represent Optimus Health Care at the local, regional, and national levels.
- Participate, advocate, and lead, as appropriate, discussions around health care reform, including the challenges and opportunities as it relates to Optimus Health Care and its patients.
Programs & Operations:
- Plan, develop, and establish policies and objectives for Optimus Health Care in accordance with Board directives, licensing agencies, funding programs, and health accreditation
- Ensure Optimus Health Care compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies. Continually monitor operations, programs, and physical properties. Initiate appropriate changes as required.
- Evaluate performances of executives for compliance with established policies and objectives of the organization and contributions in attaining
- Use data to monitor, evaluate, and continuously improve operations and outcomes.
- Enable the Board to make informed decisions that best advance the organization and its mission by keeping them informed about internal and operating performance as well as the external and environmental factors that impact the health center’s opportunities and overall performance.
- Leverage Board members’ talents and encourage their engagement.
- Implement the Board’s objectives, policies, and
Fundraising & Grant Management:
- Identify and secure new public and private grants.
- Outline all non-clinical grant proposals as well as review for final approval prior to submission.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Optimus Foundation, assisting in their efforts to energize current funders and cultivate new donors, and coordinating Foundation events.
- Speak publicly to create a level of excitement about the mission and vision of the organization.
Minimum of 10 years of increasingly responsible leadership positions in a health care setting. Five (5) years administrative experience working with diverse communities desired. Knowledge of FQHC’s strongly preferred. A solid understanding of the nonprofit sector, including governance and fiscal management. Track record of success in private fundraising.
Graduate degree, preferably in one of the following fields: Administration, Public Health, or Medicine.
Mission-driven leader with a high level of integrity and positivity who possesses strong verbal and written communications skills. Strong administrator with a proven track record of leading and motivating. A strategic, collaborative, and thoughtful steward. A competitive candidate will demonstrate the ability to work with multi-cultural and diverse populations and on interdisciplinary teams.
The position is a full-time salaried position with benefits. The salary range is $275,000-$325,000 dependent on relevant qualifications and experience.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Optimus Health Care celebrates, supports, and thrives on diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our staff, our board, our partners, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
TO APPLY CANDIDATES MUST:
- Complete an online application via: Click Here
- Submit a cover letter and resume with their application.
We are only considering submissions with cover letter AND resumes until August 15, 2021.
Please name your documents as follows:
LAST NAME–COVER LETTER and LAST NAME–RESUME
To learn more about Optimus Health Care, visit: https://optimushealthcare.org
How to Apply
Optimus Health Care