Accountable for providing a full range of administrative and medical support responsibilities in a community mental health setting. Duties and responsibilities are administered under the supervision of licensed professionals.
Works under the medical supervision of an RN, APRN, and/or MD.
Works under the administrative supervision of the Director of Administrative Services.
- Performs all front desk operations per established procedures, ensuring that the needs of the service delivery staff are met. Duties may include:
- Greeting and checking in clients and visitors, including collecting co-pays and other fees as applicable
- Obtaining client demographic and insurance information
- Verifying client insurance coverage
- Answering agency phones (including crisis calls as needed), directing phone calls and handling requests as needed
- Scheduling client appointments including scheduling/rescheduling/back-filling assessments, medication assessments, medication encounters, group and individual therapy, and medical appointments in accordance with agency policies
- Managing the daily schedules for the clinicians and medical providers
- Performing scanning, filing, medical record preparation and data entry tasks as needed
- Maintaining the waiting area
- Posting outgoing mail and delivering internal mail
- Assisting the Assessment Center with various emergency procedures
- Maintaining open communication with clinical and medical staff in order to meet the needs of both providers and clients
- Performs other duties as required
Considerable knowledge of office administration; considerable knowledge of department and/or unit policies and procedures as well as HIPAA regulations; considerable customer service, interpersonal and communication skills; comfort with client population and de-escalation techniques; flexibility and ability to respond to changing priorities; ability to use good judgment and independence in carrying out assigned responsibilities; considerable ability to operate computers and utilize computer software, especially electronic health record; ability to operate office equipment.
Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program. Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). 2 years relative experience.
How to Apply