Staff Physician – MD, DO / Medical Doctor (FP/IM)
(Full-time; 40 hours/week)
Locations: Putnam, Danielson & Willimantic, CT
Are you a family or internal medicine Physician looking to make a genuine difference?
Join our team at Generations Family Health Care Center!
As a Physician with Generations Family Health Center, you will be part of a growing and dynamic not-for-profit organization committed to a diverse and ever-changing work environment that rewards honesty, loyalty, commitment, and integrity. We are committed to continuously providing the highest level of quality services and standards for our patients as well as our employees. We offer the opportunity to work in a professional and pleasant environment that is conducive to both personal and professional growth and development.
Generations is also proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- 5 weeks Paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- Malpractice insurance
- Visa sponsorship (as applicable)
- Loan repayment eligibility through NHSC
- Productivity incentive bonus (quarterly)
- CME courses and 4 days off per year
- Professional development & CME stipend ($2500)
- Relocation Assistance for applicable candidates
Supportive, balanced work environment:
- 1:1 MA to Physician ratio
- Referral coordination staff
- Prescription refill support
- Minimal call (phone coverage only)
- 4 day/week scheduling option
- Enjoy all that northeastern CT has to offer – a rural area full of great places to explore hiking, biking, cycling, etc., along with great restaurants, nearby casinos, nearby universities (UConn, ECSU), and more – and convenient proximity to nearby cities: Hartford, Providence, Worcester, Boston, and the CT and RI shorelines!
Generations Family Health Center, Inc. is a regional community health center covering a thirty-seven town rural region in eastern Connecticut with sites located in Willimantic, Danielson, Norwich and Putnam. Our dedicated staff provides a full range of primary care services to all ages including medical, dental and behavioral health care, as well as care coordination and community outreach. In addition to our main facilities, we offer mobile programs and School Based Health Centers.
If this sounds like the kind of career opportunity that you’ve been waiting for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a Physician, you will provide a full range of primary care services: from physical exams and therapeutic and surgical procedures, to patient education, ensuring continuity of care. All treatment must be in accordance with agency and clinical policies, and you must keep all patient information strictly confidential.
Your specific duties in this Physician role include:
- Performing comprehensive physical examinations and compiling patient medical data, including health, developmental, and psychosocial history of patient and exam results
- Ordering, performing, and interpreting screening, diagnostic procedures, and tests
- Instructing and counseling patients and families regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
- Developing and implementing patient management plans and assisting in provision of continuity of care
- Performing therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection
- Performing minor office surgical procedures, dressing changes, and ambulatory treatments and diagnostics in accordance with approved privileges
- Providing coverage to patients admitted to local hospitals
- Providing night and weekend coverage in rotation with colleagues, as required
- Participating in agency quality assurance and improvement efforts and in the establishment or revision of clinical policies and protocols
As a Physician, you must exhibit a high degree of engagement and empathy as well as embodying the highest ethical standards. You must also display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to interact well with residents, staff members, and family members.
Specific qualifications for the Physician role include:
- M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical school
- Documented completion of a residency from an accredited institution in an appropriate specialty
- Board certification
- Current licensure in the state of Connecticut
- Valid Federal and State Controlled Substance Licenses
- Bilingual candidates (Spanish/English) encouraged to apply