The Senior Director of Behavioral Health leads clinical quality strategies aimed at meeting clinical benchmarks for quality and productivity, and ensuring proper care is being provided in accordance with program contracts. As an active member of the Leadership Council, the Senior Director provides ongoing clinical staff development and collaborates with the Mental Health Medical Director, Chief Health Officer and other Directors in all Family Centers mental health program planning and implementation, including the Center for Hope, The Den, Work Life Solutions, Trauma Response and Family Centers Health Care. Duties include managing clinical practice protocols, Joint Commission compliance, FQHC compliance, and QA/QI. Collaboration with other service areas is a vital component for the Senior Director, especially within the primary care settings where care is coordinated between medical and behavioral.
- Supervise and oversee all aspects of the clinical operations of Behavioral Health programming alignment with the agency mission and strategic plan.
- Consult with team to establish and address clinical goals utilizing a team approach for input and discussion.
- Make appropriate adjustments and modification to program clinical services to meet community needs.
- Ensure full compliance with clinical contractual deliverables of the licensing authorities, accreditation authorities, billing authorities and local regulations, etc.
- Provide leadership to address and monitor any corrective action plans related to direct reports, and support staff in their supervision of staff.
- Collaborate with all programs, program directors and managers to assure a strong integrated system of care is being provided.
- Lead and manage clinical staff through recruitment, retention, mentoring, coaching, and supervision ensuring staff engagement to meet organizational and department clinical goals and objectives.
- Assure timely, professional, and accurate completion of all clinical reporting requirements.
- Support all agency licensing and accreditation processes and direct implementation of clinical behavioral health policies and procedures that support this process as well as the Patient Centered Healthcare Home.
- Participate Quality Assurance/Improvement Program and assure that program staff are knowledgeable of required QA activities and participates in improvement monitoring specific to clinical performance.
- Participate in community networking activities in various communities served to stay informed of requirements, community resources, new programs and related supportive trainings. Keep staff informed of updates.
- Other duties to support the organization as assigned
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Counseling
- Five+ years of related experience in the field of mental health or community program development
- Demonstrated experience providing clinical supervision to staff.
- Active License in Connecticut as LCSW, LPC or LMFT. Professional knowledge and skills as a licensed Mental Health Clinician.
- Experience working with underserved populations. Knowledge of the cultural, social, and economic backgrounds of the diverse populations served and the impact of cultural values and beliefs on their health status.
- Professional experience as a staff and program manager with responsibility for mental health program oversight.
- Knowledge of program planning concepts, principles and practices with a focus on building and maintaining a system of integrated care that supports patient/client needs.
- Experience working with national accrediting bodies.
- Ability to provide clinical advice, guidance, and support to professional staff.
- Ability to manage administration of multiple programs and sites assuring efficiency in service delivery and program communication.
- Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication.
- Proficient with computer-based applications such as MS Office, Adobe, and electronic health records
About Family Centers:
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering health, education and human service program to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 250 professionals and 1,200 trained volunteers collaborate to provide our communities with a wide range of responsive and innovative services. Through our comprehensive network of services, more than 22,000 children, adults, families and communities receive the care, encouragement and resources needed to realize their potential.
Salary commensurate with experience. A suite of benefits including generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tax-free spending accounts, disability, life and AD&D insurance. Additional benefits include an employee assistance plan, pet insurance, critical accident and illness, wellness services, tuition reimbursement, and retirement savings. The opportunity to work for an employer consistently rated one of the Top Workplaces in Western Connecticut by Hearst Connecticut Media and a perfect 100 Encompass rating by Charity Navigator 10.
For staff working in our FCHC program: Eligibility for Student Loan Repayment Program through the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program (LRP), which offers primary medical, dental, and mental and behavioral health care clinicians the opportunity to have their student loans repaid, while earning a competitive salary, in exchange for providing health care in urban, rural, or tribal communities with limited access to care.
Family Centers is a United Way, Community Fund of Darien and New Canaan Community Foundation partner agency, and is a member of the Connecticut Council of Family Service Agencies and the Alliance for Children and Families. The agency is also accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), The Joint Commission, licensed by the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health, and is a Department of Children and Families-licensed child psychology center.
Special Note: As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our community and beyond, it is Family Centers’ commitment to the safety of employees, contractors, volunteers, patients, clients, and student interns, by requiring proof of vaccinations for COVID-19 (or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file).
For more information and to apply, please visit http://www.familycenters.org/ or on our LinkedIn page
Family Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package.
How to Apply