Family Centers Healthcare seeks an energetic and compassionate individual with administrative and receptionist experience to join the team at Family Centers, non-profit organization offering health care, education and human services to children, adults, and families living in Lower Fairfield County. The health center provides primary healthcare, dental and mental health services to those living in Greenwich Public Housing communities and the surrounding neighborhoods.
The Administrative Assistant performs various duties as an administrative member of the Health Center and COVID Testing team. Responsibilities include but not limited to performing general office and administrative operations at the health centers and during COVID Popup Testing Events. The position reports to the Coordinator and Manager.
- Greets and checks in patients and assists them in accessing services in a timely manner
- Answers calls, provides information to callers, routes calls as appropriate, take clear & concise messages and contacts appropriate staff to promote effective communications.
- Calls patients with COVID-19 results and sends test result documents via email, mail, and text messages
- Maintains patient charts/records/clinic logs and database in health center
- Maintains appointment books, schedules patients, and medical/dental appointments to organize office visits and meetings ensuring adequate provider coverage and smooth patient flow and customer satisfaction.
- Requests and verifies all demographic information as well as insurance information including authorization and precertification.
- Sets up meetings as requested, arranging for appropriate equipment and refreshments as necessary.
- Initiates follow-up calls as necessary and gathers information for meetings to assure a well-organized event.
- Files and scans documents in order to maintain complete records regarding patients and office operations.
- Performs duties as needed for patient registration and billing in absence of other staff.
- Audits office supplies and inventory monthly and documents what is needed. Orders necessary supplies.
- Contacts and complete work orders for the IT and facilities department
- Collects payments from patients for charges and copays.
- Assist in distributing surveys and assessments
- Demonstrates professional, courteous, and respectful attitude during interactions with patients and guests of the health center.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Front Office Coordinator and Health Center Manager
How to Apply
- Bi-lingual Spanish Preferred
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- One years prior administrative/executive assistant experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills including typing
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and to deal calmly with individuals under stressful health situations
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to bend without restrictions
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must have excellent hand/eye coordination