Fair Haven Community Health Care (FHCHC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FHCHC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For nearly 50 years, we have been a health care leader in our community focused on providing excellent, affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Fair Haven is proud to have a diverse and motivated team of professionals who are constantly seeking ways to enhance and improve the health and well-being of all patients.
It’s an exciting time for FHCHC. We are growing and looking for great talent to join us! If you are a passionate, caring professional interested in improving the health of our community, we’d like to know more about you.
Fair Haven Community Health Care
FHCHC is a forward-thinking, dynamic, and exciting community health center that provides care for multiple generations at nearly 80,000 office visits in 14 locations. Overseen by a Board of Directors, the majority of whom are patients themselves, we are proud to offer a wide range of primary and specialty care services, as well as evidence-based patient programs to educate patients in healthy lifestyle choices. As we grow and are able to bring high-quality health care to more areas that need access, we continue to put our patients first in everything we do. The mission of FHCHC is “To improve the health and social well-being of the communities we serve through equitable, high quality, patient-centered care that is culturally responsive.”
This is a unique and exciting opportunity as FHCHC is about to double its current pediatric patients by virtue of a novel collaboration with its local academic health center. We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality medical and dental care, regardless of ability to pay.
Medical Assistants work with clinicians and nurses to provide high quality, cost effective medical care to patients in a patient centered medical home that is consistent with Fair Haven Community Health Center (FHCHC) policies and missions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Anticipate the needs of the patient and clinical team, prepare patients in an efficient manner ensuring a smooth, consistent workflow.
- Prepare patients in advance of seeing the clinician as appropriate based on the visit type, chief complaint and clinician’s preference.
- Perform tasks related to the visit that may include: documentation of chief complaint, review of medications and allergies, vital signs, completing preventive health screenings based on the age and sex of the patient, perform lab testing and/or procedures with a clinician order or per standing orders.
- Answer and document incoming patient calls and respond to patients under the direction of the nurse and/or clinician.
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed for patient care including but not limited to completing patient forms, scheduling patient appointments, and scanning patient information into EPIC.
- Perform interpreting services (if qualified as a Spanish Language Interpreter)
- Perform other necessary duties as required by FHCHC to achieve the goal of providing excellent primary health care in a patient centered medical home.
- Participate in pod functions such as huddles and pod meetings.
- Participate in team and departmental meetings.
- Ensure patient confidentiality and safety per FHCHC policy.
- Adhere to all health, safety and infection control protocols/policies.
- Provide excellent customer service and culturally competent care.
- Functions as an effective and competent team member, demonstrates ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Portray a pleasant and respectful attitude when: communicating with coworkers, patients, and internal and external clients; accepting direction and delegated tasks; and receiving constructive criticism.
- Engage in performance improvement activities and act as an agent of positive change by looking for innovative ways to improve processes and advance clinical excellence.
- Positively represents FHCHC in all internal and external encounters.
High School Diploma or GED is required. A combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. Successful completion from an accredited Medical Assistant program and Basic Life Support Certification is also required. Two years of work experience in primary care and oral and written proficiency in English, bi-lingual fluency in Spanish preferred.
The selected candidate will have a thorough knowledge of medical terminology and relevant procedures, excellent written, electronic and oral communication skills, above average critical thinking and problem solving skills and strong computer skills.
Category I— Increased Risk Position
Potential exposure to hazardous waste and blood borne pathogens, clinical setting.
Physical Demands: Requires walking, bending, sitting, standing, writing, reading, telephone use, data input into computer, pulling medical records,
Mental Demands: Ability to cope with continual changing priorities under potentially stressful conditions
Manual Dexterity Required: Ability to use a keyboard, telephone.
American with Disabilities Requirements:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
Fair Haven Community Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FHCHC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
How to Apply
Please follow the link:
Fair Haven Community Health Care