Fair Haven Community Health Care
Epic Credentialed Trainer
New Haven, CT – Full Time
Fair Haven Community Health Care
FHCHC is a forward-thinking, dynamic, and exciting community health center that provides care for multiple generations at nearly 80,000 office visits in 17 locations. Overseen by a Board of Directors, the majority of whom are patients themselves, we are proud to offer a wide range of primary and specialty care services, as well as evidence-based patient programs to educate patients in healthy lifestyle choices. As we grow and are able to bring high-quality health care to more areas that need access, we continue to put our patients first in everything we do. The mission of FHCHC is “To improve the health and social well-being of the communities we serve through equitable, high quality, patient-centered care that is culturally responsive.”
For nearly 50 years, we have been a health care leader in our community focused on providing excellent, affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Fair Haven is proud to have a diverse and motivated team of professionals who are constantly seeking ways to enhance and improve the health and well-being of all patients. We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality medical and dental care, regardless of ability to pay.
The Credentialed Trainer is responsible for conducting Epic user classroom training and ongoing user support for all team members at Fair Haven Community Health Care. They are responsible for the set up and break down of the training classes they facilitate, including inventorying and distributing participant supplies. They are responsible for quality control, including administering a proficiency assessment and class evaluation at the end of each session, and developing ideas to improve the effectiveness of the training curriculum. They will also provide general Epic support as assigned, including supporting biannual upgrades and Helpdesk tickets.
Duties and responsibilities
- Participates in a 4-6 week ‘train-the-trainer’ program offered by YNNHS to become proficient in the assigned application facilitated by the YNHHS Principal Trainer, culminating in a presentation of selected material to the YNHHS Principal Trainer. Continued service and/or employment are conditional on satisfactorily demonstrating proficiency.
Epic User Training
- Provides end user classroom training as scheduled. Depending on the needs, may be scheduled to train outside of a day shift during the week, and on the weekends.
- Conducts both continuing education sessions and new team member training.
- Distributes/conducts/scores/collects/records a proficiency assessment from each participant, and forwards to the Program Coordinator to generate a password for system access.
- Distributes/collects a written evaluation regarding the classroom experience, to generate improvements to the program.
- Participates in improvement discussions with the YNHH Training Team as scheduled
- Develops training curriculum to use with various groups (Cadence, Ambulatory, Wisdom, Professional Billing)
Upgrade Support and Epic Team Support
- Works with the Human Resources department to onboard and arrange appropriate training for new employees.
- Functions as a change agent and advocate for Epic and seeks ways to engage all end users.
- Participates as an Epic support team member, being deployed as needed to provide ‘elbow-to-elbow’ support for a 2-3 week post-upgrade period.
- Escalates issues to Yale New Haven Health System’s Epic Helpdesk when necessary.
- Submits optimization requests to YNHH for projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a proficiency with Word and Excel is required. Strong people skills and effective communication and organization skills and the ability to effectively adapt to changing curriculum are also required.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience in group facilitation or delivering presentations and comfortable interacting in a dynamic training situation; training experience and familiarity with adult learning styles; Clinical or Healthcare experience/knowledge and have previous experience with Epic or similar health record system skill
- A strong belief in the organization’s mission
- A current driver’s license valid in the state of Connecticut or other evidence of equivalent mobility.
As a condition of continued employment the selected candidates must obtain Credentialed Trainer status within 16 weeks of employment.
Category III—Low Risk Position
Generally works in an office environment with no exposure to bloodborne pathogens
Physical Demands: Requires walking, bending, sitting, standing, writing, reading, telephone use, data input into computer, pulling medical records,
Mental Demands: Ability to cope with continual changing priorities under potentially stressful conditions
Manual Dexterity Required: Ability to use a keyboard, telephone.
American with Disabilities Requirements:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
Fair Haven Community Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FHCHC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.