Fair Haven Community Health Care
FHCHC is a forward-thinking, dynamic, and exciting community health center that provides care for multiple generations at nearly 80,000 office visits in 17 locations. Overseen by a Board of Directors, the majority of whom are patients themselves, we are proud to offer a wide range of primary and specialty care services, as well as evidence-based patient programs to educate patients in healthy lifestyle choices. As we grow and are able to bring high-quality health care to more areas that need access, we continue to put our patients first in everything we do. The mission of FHCHC is “To improve the health and social well-being of the communities we serve through equitable, high quality, patient-centered care that is culturally responsive.”
For nearly 50 years, we have been a health care leader in our community focused on providing excellent, affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Fair Haven is proud to have a diverse and motivated team of professionals who are constantly seeking ways to enhance and improve the health and well-being of all patients. We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality medical and dental care, regardless of ability to pay.
To provide high quality health care to the patients of the Fair Haven Community Health Center in the primary care setting consistent with FHCHC policies and mission.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provides primary medical care in accordance with the provider’s medical specialty
- Develops a plan of care for each patient, including medical history, physical examination, diagnosis and appropriate treatment and/or referral, including hospitalization if necessary
- Uses all available resources in diagnosis and treatment, such as laboratory and others tests in an appropriate and cost efficient manner
- Confers with other clinicians, patient’s families and other support staff concerning treatment and care of patients when appropriate
- Refers those cases which require specialist services, but maintains primary care responsibility to assure continuity of care
- Maintains accurate medical records within the EPIC electronic health record system and performs appropriate charting and follow up on patients
- Participates in Medical & General staff meetings and appropriate clinical teams
- Participates in the Health Center’s Performance Improvement program, in other task groups as needed, and pursues continuing education opportunities to update medical knowledge and assure quality patient care
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the FHCHC to achieve the goal of providing high quality service and health care.
- Graduation from an accredited APRN program
- License to practice as an APRN in State of Connecticut
- Qualified in Basic Life Support techniques
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English highly desirable
Direction of Others
Category I—Increased Risk Position
Potential exposure to hazardous waste and blood borne pathogens, clinical settings
Physical Demands: Requires walking, bending, sitting, standing, writing, reading, telephone use, data input into computer, pulling medical records,
Mental Demands: Ability to cope with continual changing priorities under potentially stressful conditions
Manual Dexterity Required: Ability to use a keyboard, telephone.
American with Disabilities Requirements:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
Fair Haven Community Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FHCHC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.