- Contributes to physician’s effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Form linkages with schools medical departments in order to establish continuity of care for patients whenever appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required by management.
- Must maintain appropriate attendance.
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA).
- Participates in required orientation and training programs, as required.
- Reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance in accordance with COHC Compliance Re porting Process.
- Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
- Participates, as requested, in process improvement responsibilities.
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Physiological Knowledge
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program
- Two years experience in ambulatory care setting preferred
- Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination
- Current PA license in the state of CT
How to Apply
Charter Oak Health Center